DIY Bike Repair
Visit our community hub where we provide the tools and parts needed for you to repair your bike. Our volunteers are available to share their knowledge and assist you in the repair.
How it Works
- Bring your bike to our hub when we’re open. Use of stands and equipment is on a first-come, first-served basis. We do not take appointments.
- Grab some tools and work on your bike. Our volunteers are available to help you figure out any problems with your bike and to help guide the repairs.
- New and used parts are available for purchase.
- Use of our tools is by suggested donation ($5-10).
- Ordinary Spokes believes that cost should not be a barrier to having a reliable bicycle. Please speak with one of our volunteers if cost is a barrier.
We sell affordable bicycles refurbished by our volunteers. Our sale events take place a few times a year and are advertised through our social media accounts. If you have a bicycle you’d like to donate for us to refurbish, please visit our Support Us page to see what we are currently accepting.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to change a flat tire, tighten your brakes, oil your chain or learn more about bicycles? We run workshops throughout the year on various topics. Please subscribe to our mailing list or view our events calendar for more information.
Our mobile outreach brings volunteer-supported DIY bicycle repair to different locations and events throughout the province. Some communities we have worked with include: libraries, community centres, newcomers, farmers’ markets, and schools. If you would like more information about hosting an outreach event, please contact us. This program is supported with funding from the Community Healthy Living Fund and the City of St John’s Community Grant.